BACK TO TIPS, TRICKS & IDEAS
11 Baking Hacks That Will Make Your Life Easier
August 18, 2017
Try these easy baking tips to simplify your next baking project—so you can focus on the fun.
1. Cool your cakes upside-down so the tops are flat and easier to frost and stack.
2. Easily create a heart-shaped cake using one round cake pan and one square pan.
3. Frost brownies upside-down on their smoother, less flaky sides. So much easier!
4. Use metal tongs to crimp the edges of your pie crust in a pretty, even pattern.
5. Make delicious homemade whipped cream in three simple steps.
6. Make a sandwich with your cupcake for the perfect frosting-to-cake ratio (and never get frosting on your nose again).
7. Use a cookie cutter and Funfetti® candy bits to create fun shapes on the top of your cake.
8. Use Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray on your cookie scoop for easy scooping and cleanup.
9. No piping bag? No problem! Cut and fold parchment paper for a DIY frosting bag.
10. Coat chocolate chips or other cake add-ins with flour before adding to the batter so they don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
11. Cut a hole in your cupcake and fill it with frosting for a sweet inside surprise.